Cakes are the most desirable thing, whether it’s a party or a surprise. Making a cake is easy; making a tempting looking cake requires expertise. Moreover, a major confusion arises when it comes to decorating a cake. Nowadays, cakes are decorated according to themes like, at birthday parties colorful cakes are preferred while in wedding parties flowered and sparkled cakes are in demand. All these decorations can be made with the help of fondant decoration technique.
Decoration with fondant is an interesting task. All you need is to know how to use a rolling fondant, curving its shape accordingly and designing as you used to with clay in childhood! It is much like topping on your cake. Rolled fondant is a very flexible material which can easily be carved into any shape. You can also add colors, sparkles and designs to make it beautiful and attractive. People now days, are opting for chocolate and ice fondant also. Here is a quick step by step guide on how to decorate a cake with fondant:
- Measurement: First and basic step is to measure the cake with the help of string or scale.
- Layering: Layer the cake with butter cream as it will allow the fondant to stick the cake. It should be done smoothly to avoid ups and downs on the cake.
- Refrigeration: Allow the butter cream to get hardened for about 30 minutes.
- Rolling: Before rolling the fondant cross check whether it’s sticky or not. If it’s sticky then add some confectioner’s sugar to it. It will help to get rid of excess stickiness. Then start rolling the fondant over the cake carefully according to its size.
- Cutting or trimming: Shaping can be done with the help of smoother. Smoother will prevent bubble formation on the cake. After this, trim the excess fondant with the help of a spatula or knife. Trimming should be done carefully with smooth hands otherwise it will leave finger impressions on the cake.
- Spraying: You can add shine to the cake by spraying it with oil.
- Decoration: It is the most interesting step as it involves the molding of flowers, adding color to the fondant, sprinkle sparkles over the cake and much more. You can choose different decorating material as you want.
At Cookery Expressions, you will learn to make the most sumptuous cakes, cookies, croissants, brownies, cupcakes, desserts, sponge cake, chocolates, muffins, cheesecakes, pizza and breads of different varieties. I guarantee that your home made cakes and chocolates shall make shop bought delicacies and confectioneries appear tasteless.
So what are you waiting for?
Call Now At 9560600056 to register for the workshops!
For course details and class schedule, click here