We love cakes and the yummy flavours, but are we really aware of a few facts about these yummylicious spongy sweet desserts?
1. The world’s first great bakers were the Egyptians. They had huge bakeries which produced unleavened cakes and breads with the use of hot stones. They were the first who discovered the use of this wild natural yeast, which was the ultimate reason for the cakes to rise up.
2. The idle cake is considered of round shape because in the ancient times, the bakers used to put a loaf of dough on stones to bake which by default gave them round cakes.
3. Baking soda was invented in 1840's, followed by baking powder in 1860's. The sugar became available and people were not able to bake cakes in large number, resulting in the recipe development.
4. Cheesecakes - the recent love for cheesecakes makes us feel that these are a new invention. Although, these are one of the oldest recipes of cake. These are present since the bygone era and were given to the athletes in the first Olympic Games.
5. Cheesecakes –These are no flour bakes cakes where the pan is placed inside a bigger pan with half filled water. This is called water bath. The idea of doing this is to regulate the heat from the bottom in order to avoid the porous texture instead of the desired silky texture for the cheesecakes.
6. Queen Victoria was the first ever human to have pure white coloured icing on her wedding cake and that is why this icing is named as “royal icing”.
7. Red Velvet Cake – Long time back a lady in a restaurant, ordered the red velvet cake and really liked it. Thus, she requested to know the recipe of the same. To her request, she was promptly reverted with the recipe. To her surprise, she was charged $100 for this recipe. As a revenge, lady shared this recipe with hundreds and thousands of people she knew.
8. Cupcakes – The largest cupcake ever baked was in Washington, DC. The cupcake was of the weight 1 tonne and had 600 pounds of frosting on it.
Cakes are such a an interesting food which can go as per your creativity for the flavours and for the looks. So try your hands out to join our next baking session!
At Cookery Expressions, you will learn to make the most sumptuous cakes, cookies, croissants, brownies, cupcakes, desserts, sponge cake, chocolates, muffins, cheesecakes, pizza and breads of different varieties. I guarantee that your home made cakes and chocolates shall make shop bought delicacies and confectioneries appear tasteless.
So what are you waiting for?
Call Now At 9560600056 to register for the workshops!
For course details and class schedule, click here